Smoked Fish Butter Poached Spot Prawn Tails
Hardy Buoys Smoked Fish Butter Poached Spot Prawn Tails
Yield: 1 Pound
1 tub frozen spot prawn tails – found in Hardy Buoys retail store
½ # Salted Butter ½ lemon juiced
1. Devein the prawn tails by cutting long the back with a sharp paring knife.
2. Pull out the vein and set aside.
3. Place butter and lemon juice in a shallow pan over medium low heat and slowly melt the butter.
4. Bring the butter and lemon mixture up to a simmer – you want to see the butter bubbling around the edge of the pan. Do not burn the butter.
5. Add the deveined prawn tails to the butter and lemon mixture.
6. Gently stir the prawns until the shells have turned a deeper opaque colour and the flesh is just opaque.
7. Lift the prawn tails out with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
8. Pour the remaining butter and lemon sauce into a small bowl for dipping the prawn tails in and serve immediately.
*For a video on how to make this dish go to Dukes Dining on Facebook and watch the August 15, 2020 episode - click here>>